ABOUT THE CHANG CHAVKIN SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The goal of the Chang Chavkin Scholars Program is to enable public high school students from a rural environment to aspire to and attend challenging academic colleges and universities. High school juniors will apply to the program in the spring of their junior year so that the Scholars Program may provide college advising support and guidance during the college admissions process. The program will award up to $15,000 per year for four years toward the cost of attendance at an accredited US private or public college.
Only students currently in their junior year in the following high schools may apply:
- Drury High School
- Lee High School
- Wahconah Regional High School
- Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Mount Everett High School
- Mount Grey Lock
HOW IT WORKS
The Chang Chavkin Scholars Program is looking for students who:
- Are first generation college students
- Show potential to succeed and graduate college in four years
- Demonstrate leadership, engagement in community and academic achievement
- Demonstrate financial need
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SUPPORT
The Chang Chavkin Scholars Program will:
- Assist each Scholar to identify prospective college choices
- Advise each Scholar about college admissions and financial aid applications
- Advocate on the Scholar’s behalf with colleges
- Support Scholars throughout their college years to graduation
For any questions, please reach out by email.
Application deadline is February 1st.